Massage Therapy-For Healing, Comfort And Pampering
15 Interesting Facts About Massage Therapy Worth Knowing
1. Massage Therapy, one of the oldest forms of healing, dates back to 2330 BC in Egypt where Egyptian tomb paintings show people receiving massages.
2. It Includes mainly hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of the body-muscles, connective tissues, tendons, ligaments and joints.
3. The skin is the body’s largest organ.
4. There are approximately 5 million touch receptors in our skin, 3000 on a fingertip.
5. Touch is the first sense that we develop in our body and the last one to disappear. A healthy touch can reduce the heart rate and lower blood pressure.
6. Babies fall asleep faster when they are massaged than when they are rocked.
7. Massage Therapy has healing effect on the body. By acting on the muscular, nervous and
circulatory systems, Massage Therapy develops, maintains and improves physical function of the body, prevents and treats pain, and effects of stress, including PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
8. Julius Caesar has used Massage Therapy to treat his neuralgia and epilepsy.
9. A 60-minute massage is the same as getting 7-8 hours of sleep.
10. Massages help lower back pain. Lower back pain due to desk-bound life style of many Canadians is one of the most common reasons to seek massage treatments.
11. Massage Therapy stimulates endorphins secretion – hormones secreted within the brain and nervous system, known as natural pain killers that provide a sense of well-being.
12. The most popular types of massages are:
- SWEDISH : a gentle massage which helps you relax and energize
- DEEP TISSUE - works on deeper muscles and connective tissues to recover the damaged muscles from injuries
- SPORTS : catered to recreational or professional athletes to prevent or recover from injuries
-TRIGGER POINTS: targets muscles that become tight as a result of injuries or being overused.
13. You can book a massage for immediate relief. We all deserve and want to be free of pain and stress (a major life shortener).
Either looking to treat a condition, to release stress or just to feel comfort and get pampered- the massage therapy will reward you with all the desired benefits.
14. Done by a Registered Massage Therapist, Massages are not only safe, but also could be magic!
15. Sometimes to open a very heavy door you need just a very small key. A little self-care can make a big difference and even extend your life!
Allow us to help you feel fantastic!
Call 647-293-4499 now and book your consultation or your massage!
Make your health your priority!